WYC Marathon Challenge
- A fundraising event to raise money to recruit and train new Learning Mentors to support young people, in time for when they return to school in September following lockdown
- Also, a team building activity, a chance to lose the lockdown pounds, and have fun!
- Many young people have struggled in lockdown missing months of formal education without any structure, and limited contact with friends and family
- Emotional well-being problems have been made worse, and many are nervous about returning to school
- Our Outreach programme is engaging with more young people at risk of getting involved in anti-social behaviour
We want to offer all these young people a Learning Mentor to support them back into education when schools re-open in September.
- Looking for teams from businesses, the council, CCG, families in Warrington, to take on 26.2 miles and fundraise for the Club
- 26 miles will be shared out between team members who can run, walk, hop, skip or any way!
- Every £1 raised will be matched £ for £ by The Hoppy Trust up to £5,000
- £10 per team member entry fee, plus sponsorship monies raised, plus Gift Aid via VMG page virginmoneygiving.com/fund/learningmentors
- Challenge takes place from Monday 3rd August to Sunday 9th August which would have been the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games
- Tuesday 11th/Wednesday 12th August – winners and league table will be announced through video-clip
- Prizes for fastest time, best fancy dress, best Olympic-themed run, most dramatic route and other categories!
- To get involved, contact Paul at email@example.com / 07395 789795
- Runners/walkers to track run on Strava or similar and screenshot results afterwards, or take photo on treadmill at the end time and distanced travelled, or send in selfie from phone after challenge with time
- Teams to also send in video clips, social media posts, and pictures of them training if possible