Active Cheshire launched: Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) to their customers
This is so important as we all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Mental ill-health can strike at any time and can affect people from all walks of life.
Although things are improving, stigma still exists around mental ill-health. As a society, we don’t tend to know how to take care of our mental health like we do our physical health. This means that people may not know how to support a friend, family member or colleague experiencing a mental health issue, or where to go for support with their own mental health.
Would you know how to help some?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA England training won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. Adult MHFA England courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA England online course is delivered by a quality assured Instructor Member who has attended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
This online course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
This first course is offered at a very competitive price to our existing ActiveWorkplace customers.
For more information, please email email@example.com