About the Course
Our physical activity habits have changed, and physical inactivity is now the fourth leading risk factor for all-cause mortality in the world. The Activators workshops are designed to educate around the power of physical activity, enabling anyone to become physical activity-aware. Physical activity has the ability to alleviate and prevent a wide variety of health concerns and promote positive benefits to our health and well-being individually and as a collective.
This course focuses specifically on workplace physical activity, giving you the knowledge and skills to help your colleagues and workforce embed physical activity into all aspects of the working day.
Why be a Workplace Activator?
Poor health and wellbeing is costing UK businesses £29 million per year. Healthier and more active workplaces have been proven to be happier and more productive workforces. Research suggests that exercise can reduce absenteeism by up to 23.5% and also cause a reduction in presenteeism, leading to more productive staff. In addition, more active workplaces have been shown to have a lower staff turnover, which has been found to be reduced by up to 16%.
Workplace activators are the people who drive and deliver workplace solutions for physical activity. They are those who have the understanding and guidance to motivate people to walk a little further, take the stairs, or even go for a lunchtime game of rounders.
What does the workshop cover?
This 3 hour workshop uses the latest physical activity and behavioural change research and knowledge to make you a workplace activator who:
- Better understands physical activity and inactivity – what do we actually mean by ‘being active’?
- Recognises the inactivity problem and how it got to where we are
- Better understands human behaviours, how they can be changed, and how to apply it to your workplace
- Understands how to Make Every Contact Count with your colleagues
- Gains practical ideas to take back to your workplace
- Gets access to a network of likeminded activators to share ideas, concerns and provide support
You will receive a certificate on completion of the course and come away with a personal action plan.
|Thursday 14th February 2019||09:30-12:30||Wyvern House, Winsford, CW7 1AH||£99 +VAT||Click Here|