A large percentage of children who start primary school at a healthy weight leave as obese so it’s clear that encouraging physical activity in key stages one and two is of paramount importance.
How are Active Cheshire supporting Primary Schools in Cheshire & Warrington?
- Establishing the new Cheshire & Warrington PE and School Sport Strategic Board, bringing together senior representatives from across the sector to provide a strategic voice and vision for the sub-region
- Developing a clear view of all support on offer in order to promote suitable opportunities available to schools
- Providing advice and guidance on the use of external, appropriately qualified coaches/volunteers in line with nationally agreed Minimum Standard
- Helping schools to participate in the Cheshire and Warrington Sainsbury’s School Games and other relevant programmes
- Facilitating links to local and national partners, including School Sport Partnerships, NGBs, community sports clubs, and private providers
- Ensuring primary schools are aware of the implications of the Primary Sport Premium
For more information on our work with primary education, contact Nont Iamkamphaeng at firstname.lastname@example.org
Active Cheshire are changing lives in Cheshire and Warrington. Your donation can help us to get more people active.
The result is a happier, healthier, more productive community that lives longer. Help us to fund vital projects across the region, to tackle inactivity and embed physical activity into all aspects of everyday life.Donate