About the Course
Our physical activity habits have changed, and physical inactivity is now the fourth leading risk factor for all-cause mortality in the world. The Activators workshops are designed to educate around the power of physical activity, enabling anyone to become physical activity-aware. Physical activity has the power to alleviate and prevent a wide variety of health concerns and promote positive benefits to our health and well-being individually and as a collective.
This course focuses specifically on children and young people’s physical activity, giving you the knowledge and skills to help your school or early years provider to embed physical activity into all aspects of the day.
Why be a Kids Activator?
Today’s children are the least active generation in history, with physical activity levels declining from as early as 7 years old. We would not accept our children growing up without being able to read or write, so why would we accept our children growing up into poor health?
Kids Activators are the people who drive and deliver solutions for physical activity in school and early years environments. They are teachers, early years workers, and lunchtime staff – Physical Activity is not just PE!
What does the workshop cover?
This course uses the latest physical activity and behavioural change research and knowledge to make you a kids activator who:
- Better understands physical activity and inactivity – what do we actually mean by ‘being active’?
- Recognises the inactivity problem and how it got to where we are
- Better understands human behaviours, how they can be changed, and how to apply it to your school or Early Years environment
- Understands how to Make Every Contact Count with your children
- Gains practical ideas to take back to your school or Early Years environment
- Gets access to a network of likeminded activators to share ideas, concerns, and provides support
You will receive a certificate on completion of the course and come away with a personal action plan. You will also gain access to the online Activator network to continue your community of practice, share ideas, and receive or provide support to other Activators in Cheshire and Warrington.
|Fri 30th Nov 2018||09:30-15:30||Wyvern House, Winsford||Click here|
*Lunch and refreshments provided.