About the Course
Our physical activity habits have changed, and physical inactivity is now the fourth leading risk factor for all-cause mortality in the world. The Activators workshops are designed to educate around the power of physical activity, enabling anyone to become physical activity-aware. Physical activity has the power to alleviate and prevent a wide variety of health concerns and promote positive benefits to our health and well-being individually and as a collective.
This course focuses specifically on physical activity for people who engage within the community, giving you the knowledge and skills to help embed physical activity into all aspects of the community.
Why be a Community Activator?
People within the community have a wide range of influence that sometimes they don’t even recognise! Public health is everyone’s responsibility, and caring for the people in our community is vital to create positive and enjoyable places to live.
Community Activators are the people who already engage with the community on a day to day or week by week basis, ranging from town and parish councillors, community centre staff and volunteers, community group leaders, as well as those you meet in your local leisure centre, personal trainers, or sports club volunteers.
What does the workshop cover?
This course uses the latest physical activity and behavioural change research and knowledge to make you an activator who:
- Better understands physical activity and inactivity – what do we actually mean by ‘being active’?
- Recognises the inactivity problem and how it got to where we are
- Better understands human behaviours, how they can be changed, and how to apply it to your community
- Understands how to Make Every Contact Count with your community
- Gains practical ideas to take back to your community
- Gets access to a network of likeminded activators to share ideas, concerns, and provides support
You will receive a certificate on completion of the course and come away with a personal action plan. You will also gain access to the online Activator network to continue your community of practice, share ideas, and receive or provide support to other Activators in Cheshire and Warrington.
|Fri 5th Dec 2018||09:30-15:30||Wyvern House, Winsford||Click here|
*Lunch and refreshments will be provided.